Conexio Stratus is a tiny (50.8 mm x 22.86 mm) yet powerful development kit for creating cellular-connected electronic projects. It runs best-in-class Zephyr RTOS for connected devices and is a battery-operated platform, making it ideal for prototyping cellular IoT systems such as asset tracking applications, environmental monitoring, and smart meter monitoring just to name a few. Equipped with the Nordic nRF9160 System in Package (SiP), it supports LTE-M, NB-IoT, and Global Positioning System (GPS). Stratus has two onboard external U.FL antennas, one for the GPS and the other for LTE-M/NB-IoT, enabling it to support a global range of LTE bands.
As an edge-capable device, energy management is critical. So not only is there a LiPo battery charger, but Stratus also implements an e-peas AEM10941 solar energy harvesting chip with built-in MPPT and integrated regulators:
- AEM10941 solar energy harvester from E-peas Semiconductors
- Vin: 50 mV to 5 V
- Cold start: 3 μW @ 380 mV
- Power input: 3 μW to 550 mW
- Maximum power point tracking (MPPT)
- Supports battery types Li-ion and NiMH
- Max solar panels: up to 7 solar cells simultaneously
Introducing Conexio Stratus – fastest time- to-market platform
- Compact, yet powerful smart edge platform.
- Industrial-grade low-power design.
- Built-in connectivity with on-board sensors.
- Built-in energy harvesting capability for autonomous operation.
- Tightly integrated and ready to deploy.
- Build with best-in-class Zephyr RTOS for connected devices.
- Rely on hardware isolation powered by Arm® Trustzone®.
- Built to be secure and safe.
- Over-the-air updates (OTA) ready.
- Open source software.
Useful From Smart Homes To Smart Industry
Stratus is perfect for connecting existing projects to the Cloud or as a gateway to connect other local endpoints without having to worry about the infrastructure cost, making it useful for both professionals and hobbyists.
For example: Stratus is perfect for environmental monitoring and smart agriculture like precision farming, crop monitoring, climate and food supply-chain monitoring, and farm analytics. It’s also excellent for smart energy and utilities, and can enable smart grids, smart metering, and remote diagnostics for easy monitoring and billing. You could use Stratus for fleet management to track your assets in real-time with seamless global coverage and end-to-end visibility, or machine monitoring to enable predictive maintenance and machine monitoring for Industry 4.0 with cellular connectivity. It can be used in retail for smart checkout, inventor, and supply chain management. It can even be used in healthcare to power mission-critical healthcare applications like remote patient monitoring and wearables.
Haven’t joined us on LinkedIn yet? Click on the icon below.