Harvesting energy from various light sources: sun, bulbs, natural indoor light, etc.
Harvesting energy from various thermal sources: waste heat, human heat, motor, etc.
Harvesting energy from various vibration sources: motors, railroads, cattle, etc.
Harvesting energy from various RF sources: wi-fi, GSM900, 3G, etc.
IS E-PEAS’ PHOTOVOLTAIC ENERGY HARVESTING FOR YOU?
Let’s assume that you work with battery powered IoT wireless devices that operate under light sources that may come from sun, light bulb, tube, etc. You need to replace the batteries of those devices, because they run out of energy. This generates operational costs.
But, most probably, there is enough of energy in the light surrounding your devices that you could use to power them.
Depending on the lighting conditions (low light indoor conditions to bright sunny outdoor conditions), traditional photovoltaic (PV) cells can generate from 10µW to 10mW per cm².
When properly selected (material and topology) and sized (illuminated area), a PV cell combined with our state of the art energy harvesting PMICs will recharge the batteries of your IoT applications from ambient light.
Using e-peas’ photovoltaic energy harvesting, you will avoid typical operating costs associated with battery replacement.
WHAT EXACTLY DO WE OFFER?
Best performing solutions that make your devices’ batteries live forever. Our innovative ICs autonomously and efficiently recharge your batteries in any light conditions: bright, changing, or even in very low ones with a PV cell generating as low as 3µW.
e-peas offers you 2 AEM [Ambient Energy Manager] references:
- The AEM10940 [Not recommended for new projects. Check the next generation AEM10941 below] allows you harvesting energy from up to 2 cells in series solar panels producing from 11µW up to 32.5mW.
- The AEM10941 allows you for harvesting energy from up to 7 cells in series solar panels producing from 3µW up to 550mW.
HOW DO WE DIFFER FROM COMPETITION?
Both references are based on e-peas unique AEM platform offering:
- top energy conversion efficiency
- the fastest supercapacitor charge
- the lowest cold-start power
- the smallest footprint and associated components BOM
In addition, you will get direct access to engineering support by our designers.
|AEM10940||0.1V to 2.5V||380mV
|3µW to 32.5mW||10mA@1.8V
|AEM10941||50mV to 5V||380mV
|3μW to 550mW||20mA@1.8V
- Not available
- Engineering samples
- Not recommended for new design